Steph’s Studio Photo Contest Rules
Directions / How to Enter
- Sign in to your account on https://stephsstudio.photofinale.com/(or create an account)
- Go to the Print tab
- Create a new collection (+ New Collection) and add your photo (only add one photo)
- Share the collection (must be signed into your account in order to have access to the share feature): Share to: firstname.lastname@example.org (click the share button)
- Message: include your name, today’s date and theme
- Monday, March 30, 2020: SHADOWS
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020: NATURE
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020: HOBBY
- Thursday, April 2, 2020: ANIMAL
- Friday, April 3, 2020: FAMILY
- Photo must be submitted via Share feature from the Steph’s Studio photo site on the day for that theme by midnight, Mountain time.
- Collections with multiple photos will be disqualified. Just include the photo you are submitting in the collection you share.
- Do not watermark your photo.
- Your message must include your name, the date/theme for that day
- Daily winner will be announced for the day on Facebook, and contacted via email, the following business day.
- All Daily winners will be eligible for the Grand Prize selection at the end of the week.
- Daily winners will receive a free 1-year subscription to the Hemingford Ledger.
- Grand Prize award for the week ($50 gift card) will be distributed to the winner on Monday of the following week.
- Grand Prize winner will also have their winning photo published in the Hemingford Ledger.
- The Steph’s Studio Photo Contest, encompassing the daily themed competitions (‘Contest’) is open to both amateur and professional photographers (‘Entrants’) from all over the world. Entrants must not be an employee, officer or agent of Steph’s Studio, nor an employee, officer or agent of any person or organization involved in the running of the Contest.
- There is no cost to enter.
- There is a maximum of one entry to the Contest per person, per day.
- The themed competitions that make up the Contest shall close for entries at midnight, Mountain time. We may extend the deadline without prior notification if needed.
Usage and rights
Your copyright and moral rights:
Steph’s Studio respects the rights of Entrants and does not claim copyright for the photographs submitted to the Contest. Entrants retain full copyright in submitted photographs.
In addition, the moral rights of Entrants are respected. Whenever their work is published by Steph’s Studio they will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition. Steph’s Studio will seek to correct any errors or oversights when notified.
By entering the Contest, you (as an Entrant) warrant to Steph’s Studio that you created your competition entries, that you are the author of your work, you own all of the copyright in those entries, that it does not include trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity and that the use by Photo Finale of the entries in accordance with these terms and conditions will not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or other legal rights. You must not submit to the Contest any material that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your entry and to fully indemnify Steph’s Studio and its sponsors in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing. Steph’s Studio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above, even after the entry is submitted on the competition website.
Use of works:
By entering the Contest, you agree that any work you submit may be used by Steph’s Studio solely for purposes in connection with the Contest or future Contests, and any successor website and no other purpose. These uses include:
- Judging the competition
- Displaying entries on the Steph’s Studio website and social media outlets.
- Displaying the entries at the gallery exhibitions
- Displaying the entries in a book, magazine or exhibition catalog, or similar
- Using the entries on posters, postcards, adverts both online and offline to promote the Contest
- Cropping and re-sizing the work as necessary to fit pre-defined formats to promote the Contest and any related exhibitions
- Inclusion within any materials promoting the Contest or any exhibition organized by Steph’s Studio
You hereby grant Steph’s Studio a non-exclusive, royalty-free license in each entry throughout the world in all media for the uses described above for the duration of the Contest.
You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your entry against misuse by third parties, through means such as the embedding of metadata. Steph’s Studio can assume no responsibility and is not liable for any misuse of your work by third parties.
Any reproduction of entries outside of the uses listed above will occur only after receiving the Entrant’s express permission. The Entrant will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such usage with the parties concerned independently of the Contest.
Steph’s Studio uses the social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. While Steph’s Studio guarantees that photographers will be fully credited when posting images on social media and through any of the other channels listed above, Steph’s Studio cannot guarantee that others who copy or repost images will do the same.
Within 1 day of each competition end, Steph’s Studio editors will screen entries and submit selected entries to the judge for his or her review. The judge will then select the shortlist and 1st, 2nd Prize entries based on the photographic skill, artistic sensibilities, emotion, impact and originality. The decisions of the judge are final.
In the event that a judge has to withdraw their involvement for any unforeseen reason, Steph’s Studio reserves the right to find an alternative judge. All entrants will be notified.
Images submitted will be treated completely anonymously throughout the whole process to ensure total fairness. The judge will have sole discretion of his or her selection and attempting to contact any judge directly in order to influence them will result in disqualification of the Entrant.
Steph’s Studio aims to announce the shortlist and winners for each contest within one day of the submission close date. The 1st Prize Entrant will have 90 days from the email date to claim their cash prize. Failing to do so will result in loss of the prize. Winners are accountable for costs associated with the Contest acceptance, such as any applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes.
Steph’s Studio reserves the right to change, or modify the prize at any time before the end of the Contest, but will make sure to inform all Entrants.
If a competition Entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that Entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
Right to cancel
Steph’s Studio reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest at its own discretion if not capable of continuing as planned for any reason that is beyond its control.
Modification of competition rules
Steph’s Studio reserves the right to change the competition rules. If this happens, all Entrants whom the changes affect will be notified by email.
Steph’s Studio will take no responsibility for the repercussions of any photograph submitted to the Contest, nor any problems incurred by the Entrants while participating in the Contest.